Teach English Abroad

If you’re a fresh graduate or a seasoned instructor and you’re looking to explore the world, then teaching English overseas could be your gateway to a whole new world of experience. To teach English abroad as a second language (ESL), there are some required documents you’ll need to prepare. 

Build Your Profile

“To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” -Aldous Huxley

Finding the right job for yourself requires adequate preparation and competence. You’ll want to outshine your competition by having the best resume and all the necessary documents ready. We’ll go through what you’ll need.


Bachelor's Degree

Criminal Record Check (CRC)

TEFL or TESOL Certification

Teaching Experience

How to get started with teaching English abroad?

Whether you’re a certified teacher or a college graduate, you’ll want to see if you qualify as a candidate to be an overseas ESL teacher. Make sure you have a Passport (English speaking country), a bachelor degree (any study), a criminal record check, TEFL/ TESOL certification, and some teaching experience.

If you haven’t already, you may want to read this article on how to teach English abroad. This guide will give you a better idea on how to get started on your venture. Also, keep up to date with our blog posts to find better ways to land your dream job while teaching abroad.

If you haven’t already, it would be a good idea to create an account at ESL Workshop and check out new opportunities at our Job board. The newest job listings will come out on a regular basis.

Teach English Abroad

ESL Workshop is a community looking to help English teachers and learners across the globe. By joining our community board, you too can help and develop new content for other teachers all around the world.