- After your grade point average (GPA), what is the 2nd
most importantthing in college?
- Are the counselors at school helpful?
- Are you a member of any student organization?
- Can you explain the process of registering for a class/course?
- Describe a mistake or something you should not
have donesince being in university.
- Do most of your professors or instructors
take attendance? Why?
- Do you have easy access to your professors outside
- Do you prefer to study with friends/classmates or
- During classes, do you like working in student
groups orworking alone? Why?
- How can a student receive a scholarship?
- How can classes or classrooms be improved? What
would bethe effect?
- How do you travel to your classes
- How has your life changed since beginning college?
- How many back-to-back classes do you have?
- How many hours do you spend on homework or
- How much is tuition do you pay?
- How much note taking do you do in most of your classes?
- How much of the course material is covered by
the professorsin your classes?
- How often do you read ahead for your classes?
- How often do you reread or organize your notes from a professor’s lecture?
- How often do your professors let class out early?
- If you became president of your university,
what changeswould you make? Why?
- If you became president of your university, which
rule wouldyou abolish (cancel)?
- If you wanted to, when could you fit in more
- If you were not attending college now, what would
you bedoing? Where? Why?
- The cost of
universityeducation is becoming very expensivein many countries. How can we make the cost of education more affordableto the general public?
- What advantages are there to
- What are some advantages in studying
with sophomore/junior/senior students/friends or with older students?
- What are some advantages of studying alone? Disadvantages?
- What are some advantages of studying in groups? Disadvantages?
- What are some qualities of a good student?
- What are some qualities of a good teacher?
- What can you do if you don’t like your roommates?
- What can/do you do if you fall behind in your classes?
- What celebrations/festivals/events do you enjoy
the most? Why?
- What do you do on campus when you’re not studying?
- What do you fear most about next semester’s classes?
- What do you miss most about your home and
- What do you plan to do during the summer vacation?
- What does a college education provide?
- What extracurricular activities are you involved in?
- What is a disadvantage of back-to-back classes?
- What is the biggest difficulty in being a
- What is your favorite class or subject? Why?
- What kinds of scholarships are there for students
- What must you do to receive a college diploma?
- What time does your first class begin tomorrow?
- What was your biggest fear before you began
your freshmanyear of college?
- What’s the best advice you would tell a brother/
sister orfriend who is now entering college?
- What’s the best excuse you’ve heard or given
for missinga class?
- What’s your best memory? What’s your worst memory?
- What’s your biggest motivation for your
- What’s your favorite spot on campus?
- What’s your favorite way to take a ‘short’ break
from studyingat night?
- Where is the best place for you to study? Why?
- Which class or subject is most important for
- Which do you prefer more, morning or afternoon classes? Why?
- Why are you attending college?
- Why is a college education important?
Couldn’t find the type of question you’re looking for? Check out our complete list of ESL Conversation Questions. You can also look through our other resources or opportunities to teach abroad with ESL Workshop.