- Are you a “night owl” or an “early bird”?
- Are you good at getting things done on time?
- Are you on time?
- Can you do without a watch or a clock? For how long?
- Do you get bored easily?
- Do you like to be busy, or do you like to have an
- Do you manage time, or does time manage you?
- Do you prefer to show up late or early?
- Do you schedule out what you have to do every week?
Do youmake a schedule for every day?
- Do you show up early or late for work? Class? Meeting a friend for lunch? English conversation class?
- Do you show up early or late in your home
countryin the United States? verses
- Do you spend a lot of time when preparing
- Do you think people in America are too concerned
- Do you think time moves slowly or quickly?
- Do you think you manage your time wisely?
- Does waiting for something bother you?
- How far into the future would you like to travel?
What doyou hope to see?
- How important is
timein your culture?
- How much time do you spend sleeping? Do you wish
you couldsleep more?
- If time travel were possible, which period of
world historywould you like to return to? Why?
- If you are a punctual person and your mate is not,
how doyou resolve conflicts that arise?
- If you are late, what message does this send to
the personwho is waiting for you?
- If you could stop time, what would you do and why?
- If you had the power to stop and restart time,
when wouldyou use it?
- In your culture, is it polite to always show up
on time, or to show up a little late?
- On your time travels, you can take five objects to
show peoplewhat life is like towards the end of the 20th century. What five objectswould you take? Why?
- What do you do if you forget an appointment?
- What do you do if you show up too early for something?
- What do you do if you show up too late for something?
- What is your busiest day of the week?
- What takes up most of your time?
- What time do you get up in the morning?
- What time do you go to bed?
- What time do you go to work?
- What time do you like to get up?
- What time do you like to go to bed at night?
- What time do you take a bath in the evening?
- What time do you think high school students should
- What time does school start?
- What time does your work begin?
- What time does your work end?
- What time is it?
- What would you do if you had a few extra hours in a day?
- What’s the most significant time of your life? (Significant for any reason: because you liked it or hated it; because of your profession; because of a relationship; or because it was a turning point in your life)
- What’s your perception of time now? Does it go
by slowlyor quickly? What does this depend on?
- When do you do your homework?
- Which famous person from the past would you most
like tomeet? Why? What would you ask this person? How would you spend the time withthis person?
- Which time of day do you feel you are most
productive inyour work or study?
- Would you rather have more time or more money?
Couldn’t find the type of question you’re looking for? Check out our complete list of ESL Conversation Questions. You can also look through our other resources or opportunities to teach abroad with ESL Workshop.