- Are people in your country crazy about sports?
- Are you a good soccer player? Basketball player? Baseball player? Rugby player? Tennis player?
- Are you a member of any sports team? If not, have
- Are you good at sports? What sports are you good at?
Do youoften play sports?
- Did your high school have a good baseball team?
- Do professional athletes in your country make
millions ofdollars a year?
- Do you ever listen to baseball games on the radio?
- Do you jog more than once a week?
- Do you know how to play golf?
- Do you like playing tennis?
- Do you like to exercise?
- Do you like to ski? Are you a good skier? When did
you learnto ski? How often do you ski? Who taught you to ski?
- Do you like to snowboard?
- Do you like to watch sports on TV?
- Do you like watching car races?
- Do you like wrestling?
- Do you play any sports?
- Do you think athletes earn enough money, not
enough moneyor too much money?
- Do you think everybody should practice sports?
- Do you think playing sports helps people work better
as ateam at work?
- Do you think professional athletes earn too much money? Why or why not? Which sport’s athletes do you
thinkearn the money money?
- Do you think that parents are too involved in
their children’ssports activities?
- Does it bother you that people gamble on
- Have you ever been skiing?
- Have you ever been to a soccer game? An
America footballgame? A baseball game?
- Have you ever been to watch a professional
- Have you ever played golf?
- Have you ever played tennis with your mother?
- Have you ever tried
- How are sports beneficial to you?
- How do you feel about extreme sports? Would you like
to tryany of these?
- How often do you exercise?
- How often do you go swimming? Is it good
that professionalsports are so commercial nowadays? Go scuba diving? Go surfing? Go snorkeling?
- How often do you go swimming? Where do you go? Who
do yougo with?
- If you had the opportunity to do away with any sport, what sport would you do away with? Why?
- Is fishing viewed as a sport in your culture or
solely away of making a living?
- Is it good that professional sports are so
- Sometimes sports teams ask the city to help them
build anew stadium. Do you think the city should give money for this? Why or whynot?
- Were you on any sports teams in high school? How
about juniorhigh school? How about now?
- What are some of the benefits of sports?
- What do you do to keep fit?
- What do you think is the most popular sport in
- What do you think of pro wrestling? Thai
kick boxing? Japanese sumo?
- What do you think of women playing
- What do you think the top five most watched sports
are inthe world?
- What is the most dangerous sport?
- What is the most expensive sport?
- What is the most popular sport in your country?
- What is your favorite summer sport?
- What is your favorite team sport?
- What is your favorite winter activity?
- What is your favorite winter sport?
- What new sports would you like to try?
- What sport do you think is the most dangerous?
- What sport do you think is the most expensive?
- What sports did you do in junior high school? How
about highschool? How about now?
- What sports do you like to play?
- What sports do you like to watch live?
- What sports do you like to watch on TV?
- What sports do you think are the best?
- What sports do you watch? What sports do you like
to watch? What sports do you hate to watch?
- What’s a sport that you don’t like? Why don’t you
- What’s your favorite baseball team?
- What’s your favorite sport? Why do you like it?
How oftendo you play it? How often do you watch it?
- When did you start playing tennis? Learn to
swimming? Learning tosnowboard?
the city helpsbuild a new sports stadium, who benefitsthe most – the team, the city, the nearby businesses, or the sportsfans?
- When was the last time you went to a baseball game?
- Where is the nearest stadium to your house?
- Which do you prefer, baseball or volleyball? Tennis
or golf? Soccer? American football?
- Which sport would you not let your child play? Why?
- Who do you think is the best
all aroundathlete in the world? In your country?
- Who is your favorite professional athlete? Why?
- Who swims better, your mother or your father?
- Would you like to become a champion at Wimbledon?
- Would you rather go swimming or skiing?
Couldn’t find the type of question you’re looking for? Check out our complete list of ESL Conversation Questions. You can also look through our other resources or opportunities to teach abroad with ESL Workshop.