- Are “Living Wills” available where you live?
- Are coffins displayed on the street entrance to funeral parlors in your country?
- Are there special rites or ceremonies performed when a person dies?
- Are you afraid of death?
- Are you afraid of losing one of your relatives all of a sudden?
- Do you believe in God?
- Do you believe in life after death?
- Do you believe in out-of-body experiences?
- Do you believe that you will be born again?
- Do you have a bucket list?
- Do you have hospice services in your country?
- Do you know anyone who died for a few seconds or minutes but came to life again?
- Do you know someone who has died from a from disease? What was your reaction? How did you feel?
- Do you know someone who has died from a traffic accident?
- Do you often think of death?
- Do you think people should be cremated or buried?
- Do you think that there is anything worth dying for?
- Do you think the grieving process is different for different ages?
- Do you want to know the date of your death? Why or why not?
- Has anyone close to you ever passed away?
- Have known anyone who has committed suicide? What would be your reaction? What would you say to that person’s friends?
- Have you ever been to a funeral where a family member of the deceased sung a song, read a letter or read a poem?
- Have you ever done something like that at someone’s funeral?
- Have you ever had to put a pet to sleep?
- Have you ever lost someone close to you?
- Have you ever thought you’d like to die?
- Have you had a pet die?
- Have you known someone who had an extended sickness before death?
- How can this be done?
- How can you help someone who is dying?
- How did you feel about your visit?
- How do you cope with the death of someone special?
- How do you tell someone that someone they know has died?
- How do your national customs surrounding death reflect the values of your country?
- How does a person cope with
deathof a friend or loved one?
- How does it feel when your loved one dies and you were unable to see them for the last time?
- How long do you expect
youspouse or life partner to wait before they move on after your death?
- How quickly is someone buried or cremated after death?
- How would you want to die?
- If so how long should they wait?
- If there were five of your friends drowning, which one would you save first?
- If you are married or have a life partner would you expect them to move on after you
- If you could choose how you were going to die, what would you choose your death to be?
- If you had the option of freezing your body in hopes that science would
some daybe able to bring you back to life, would you do it?
- If you were given the chance to have someone die with you, who would that person be?
- If you were on death row, what would you request for your last meal? Who would you want to watch you be executed?
- Is it appropriate for funeral directors to advertise their services?
- Is organ donation or transplants an option where you live?
physician assistedsuicide an option in your country?
- Is the death of a loved one considered a joyful or a sorrowful occasion?
- Is there a suicide hotline in the area where you live?
- Is there any person you would die for in order to save? Who is it?
- On account of your beliefs or some other reason, do you look forward to dying?
- What are funerals like in your country? What are some funeral customs in your country?
- What are some other words for death? An example is “passed away”.
- What are some reactions to
deathof a friend?
- What are some useful euphemisms for telling someone that someone they know has died?
- What are some ways which you can help a family which has just experienced the death of a family
- What are your beliefs pertaining to a person’s soul once they have died?
- What causes death?
- What do you think about the stories these people tell?
- What do you think of cryogenics? Would you like to have your body
frozen,so that you could be thawed out and brought back to life sometime in the future? Do you think it will ever be possible?
- What do you think of suicide?
- What do you think would happen if there were no death for human beings?
- What expenses are involved in burying or cremating someone?
- What happens to a person’s remains after death? Cremation? Burial? Etc.
- What happens when is embalmed?
- What is grief?
- What is hospice? Do you have hospice services in your country?
- What is the ideal way to die?
- What is the mourning process?
- What is the suicide hotline in your community?
- What is the worst way of dying?
- What kind of funeral arrangements would you make for yourself if you knew you were dying?
- What measures are taken in your country to ensure that no stigma is associated with the burial of poor people?
- What should you say or not say to a friend who is facing death? What should you say or not say to a friend who has lost a friend?
- What should you say to someone who has lost a loved one?
- What sights, smells, sounds did you notice when you visited the hospital?
- What would happen if you died?
- When have you visited a hospital? Who did you visit?
- Where do we go when we die?
- Who do you think would mourn for you after your death?
- Who has died that you know?
- Why are so many people afraid of death, when it is unavoidable?
- Why is facing death a difficult experience?
- Would you consider
physician assistedsuicide if you were suffering a painful dying experience?
- Would you like it if someone
sungyou a song or read a poem about you, or a letter to you, at your funeral?
- Would you want to know if you were dying and if so, would you want to know how long you had to live?
- Would you want to know the exact day of your death?
- Would you want your cremated remains to be part of a fireworks show?
Couldn’t find the type of question you’re looking for? Check out our complete list of ESL Conversation Questions. You can also look through our other resources or opportunities to teach abroad with ESL Workshop.